View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #8
pterrydactyl

As you say the info provides a list of parts covered. Consider what you may have seen on forums that owners gripe about failing.
Axle and suspension
Roof and windows
Appliances (TV, Refrigerator, Stove, Entainment unit, etc)
Lamination problems
Distribution and Inverter
Tanks

Use you imagination and experience and the experiences of others . Watch the gripe list on any forum you belong to. After you have compiled a list check to see if those item are covered to your satisfaction. Check for and note any exclusions in the coverage. Don’t take a “it’s not covered” from the person on the phone. They are trained to say that as many accept that as the final word and they just roll over. In 9 years something will fail and you may have to argue with them.
If the warranty has , either specific or vague, maintainance list stick to it. It’s one place they can get to you and deny the claim. Start a journal and keep service copies and receipts and list the maintainance you yourself do. If I replace a screw I list it in my service journal. They don’t make it easy for you and you don’t want to make it easy for them.
So of the extended warranties I’ve had on cars have been good to work with. Others not so good. It boils down balancing dollars and provided service and coverage. Then there’s the personal satisificstion of knowing you have done all you can to protect your investment.
I wish you good luck in deciding what to do. I’m sure you’ll come to the right decision as to what’s best for you. Let’s us know what you decide.
pterrydactyl is offline   Reply With Quote