View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 12:15 AM   #5
Racefan

Quote:
I was beginning to believe that there was not anyone that really liked their Hitchhiker, or at least they were not checking forums

I thought you where looking for answers from someone who has a Champagne fifthwheel and that's why I didn't reply. I have a 2005 HitchHiker II LS 29.5 LKTG. Looked for over a year and found a great deal at the Pomona RV Show. In the year that we were looking, we were in Las Vegas and decided to check the out the local dealers and was introduced to the Mobile Suites. Great looking 5er. Very impressed with the quality. The reasons why we got the HitchHiker instead were, no local dealer. Las Vegas is over 300 miles away and they were the closes. Weight of the 5er. And the biggest reason was the lenght. I tow a double trailer and the lenght would have been over the limit. I am also not impressed with the HitchHiker factory. When I bought the 5er at the Pomona RV show, the dealer there was not the my local dealer. I asked Ed Cox, who was the factory rep there, if I were to purchase the 5er from the dealer there and if I had any problems could I take it to my local dealer. He said that my local dealer was new and that they haven't heard of any problems of warranty issues. Wouldn't you know it that I did have a problem with the 5er. Microwave oven didn't work. Light came on, turntable rotated but nothing got warm or hot. Called local dealer and was told that since I purchased the 5er from some other dealer that they would not work on it but when the warranty expires, bring it in. Yeah right. They just lost a customer. Talked to Mr. Cox the next day and he didn't remember the conversation we had. No back bone from the factory. All I wanted to do is take them the microwave so they could ship it back and pick up the new one when it came in. No support. I ended up driving 80 miles one way to the dealer I bought from and then went back the following weekend to get the new one. Wasn't NuWa's fault but after all the money they dropped the ball. I just hope nothing big goes wrong. Other than that, we have very much enjoyed the HitchHiker.

As for HitchHiker owners and forums, there are a couple of Yahoo forums for the HitchHiker and there is very little involvement there too. Hope this helps.
Racefan is offline   Reply With Quote