View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 02:08 AM   #2
The Mad Norsky

MS or Hitchhiker Champagne?

I've been reading through the posts here, most of which are appearing over on the Mobile Suites side of things for the moment.

I do see that no one has yet answered from the Hitchhiker side for you.

I do own a Hitchhiker, but it is not the Champagne but its "little brother" the Discover America series.

Frame size is one of the major differences between mine and the Champagne. The Discover America has an 8 inch C channel frame, while the Champagne has a 14 inch frame.

I suppose, comparing the same floorplan of Discover America to a similar Champagne, there is at least 1,000 pounds more to the Champagne weight, but that is guess work on my part.

I can tell you I am well pleased with my Hitchhiker. It is a quality unit, and has worked flawlessly for the three years I have owned it. I do believe my unit must have had great quality control at the factory, resulting in the trouble free operation I have enjoyed thus far.

I have had operational questions, and have called Hitchhiker directly for assistance. They have treated me like a family member, so to speak, and been excellent help when I needed assistance.

I would buy another Hitchhiker again, however, there is one drawback, in my mind at least.

I do feel Hitchhiker is somewhat, oh, how can I say this? Conservative, slower to change, not quite the flash or wow you get when comparing their floorplans and interiors to say Mobile Suites or the new KZ Escalade just for two examples. I have been through both the Mobile Suites and the KZ Escalade, and really liked the WOW factor both units gave me. Woodwork (dark cherry) and stainless fridge sure makes my wife love the Escalade..

So I guess I will close by saying that, to me, Hitchhiker is a very quality rig, but maybe without as much flash as the Mobile Suites.

So, there's a buyers problem. Substance or flash? (flash and substance too actually). Both are quality units, with good factory support.

Guess it may come down to who gives you the best deal.

Good Luck!
The Mad Norsky is offline   Reply With Quote