View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 07:24 PM   #1
Hanr3

Newbie 5er owner

Hello All,

I've been tent camping, backpacking for over 50 years. I started when I was 6. Now that we are empty nesters the wife wants private flush toilets and hot showers and I want to bring the boat. So we bought a 5th wheel and triple tow. Who knows, maybe we will join the full timers in a decade when I retire, if I can afford to retire.

For the next decade the plan is couples vacations around the US, might bring the grandkids a time or two. A coupe dozen in state weekend jaunts with the grandkids. Plus I run a Crappie club and enjoy tournament fishing. Also looking into some of the national tournaments. Yes, I drag the camper and boat to most tournaments and spend the weekend. Used to be a tent and boat, but the 5er simplifies things and adds heat and a/c. I start tournament fishing the first weekend in March and finish my camping season the week before Thanksgiving with deer hunting. Basically I start and end my camping season with 30 degree days and below freezing nights. Yep, used to do it in a tent. As I type this, we are getting 2"-4" of snow and tomorrow is my first fishing show of the year.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from others and share my knowledge when and where I can.
Hanr3 is offline   Reply With Quote