View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #15
The View 5046

Beachgirl, just to give some insite on the B&W turnover ball with the companion 5th wheel hitch. I used the B&W system in conjuction with a Trailair pin box when we had the 2009 Mobile Suites, and it worked great, don't think the 5th wheel rode as well. When we ordered the 2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 with the vanity slide the GVW is 18,500 lbs. The B&W capacity is 18,000 lb and 30,000 Gooseneck capacity. I called B&W and talked to them to see if there was anyway to increase the 18,000 lb capacity, his answer no way. And the 18,500 lbs Suites was to heavy.

As for the Head used on the Companion 5th wheel hitch it use the same or similar wrap around system as the Trailer Saver, your information is correct there is no movement and the system work very easy hooking and unhooking. The Trailer Saver works the same. The Trailer Saver work similar to the 5th wheel hitches on many Class 8 Trucks.

And for those who don't know the Trailer Saver BD 3 can be removed, it breaks down into three pieces. The TS 3 is a 1 piece system and very heavy, however I removed my several times.

As for the person who use to work for Trailer Saver and is now selling a similar hitch, can't comment have never heard of the hitch. But if you can use the B&W system its the best static hitch I have ever used. And its the most user friendly steel hitch and it the safest as for hooking and unhooking. But I went back to the Trailer Saver becauses I wanted less stress on our 5th wheel. As for cost, think about what you paid for the Truck and 5th wheel. Hope this helps. (No I get no compensation from Trailer Saver).

P.S. The owner of B&W kept his people working during the slow times. dwroplgjeow

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote