View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
rdunk

IMHO - - The Holland Binkley head on the Trailersaver hitch is the best on the market, by specification. It is rated at 32k pounds, and has been laboratory tested to meet/exceed that rating. I especially like the way this hitch is designed to lock around the pin, to ensure the jaws locking block stays put - a spring loaded pin behind the locking block, and a place for a padlock behind the locking block.

When we bought in 2005, I decided on the TrailerSaver hitch. I wanted the weight safety margin the 32k head offered, and I especially liked the features of the hitch, including the smaller "footprint" of the hitch in the truck bed - about 24 inches square, and the fact that it mounted on standard Reese rails. One can get a TrailerSaver hitch in either an air hitch or a "rigid" hitch. I really wasn't even thinking about an air hitch at the time, and bought the rigid hitch, which had an installation rating up to 26,000 lbs.

We fulltimed for almost 5 years, and I was always glad we had the safety of the TrailerSaver hitch.

FWIW - Air hitch or rigid hitch???? The TrailerSaver rigid hitch is great, but, if I were buying today, I would buy the TrailerSaver air hitch, and on the 5thwheel, because of having the "air hitch", I would have a non-air pinbox, and I would have the independent suspension on the wheels.

http://www.trailersaver.com/products.php#hitches

Good luck on your decision!

Robert
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote