View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #22
Srosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK46 View Post
Welcome Srosa. This is also my first DRV. I had a 2003 Teton bought new & had until 2017. So I was looking for a 5th wheel that compared. My Teton interior looked as good as my 2011 DRV does. Frame & brakes is where the DRV shines over the Teton.
As my 2011 was built before Thor bought them out. I've read about others with leaks on the vanity slide. Mine has no leaks at all. I'm very happy with my older DRV. Also got it for $10k-20k less than anothers of the same year.
I winter in the Palm Springs area and I’m currently surrounded by more Tetons than I ever knew existed before locating here. They are permanent fixtures though so the old school suspension and brakes don’t matter. Many have been repainted and look brand new.

I’m glad to hear that your pre Thor DRV stays dry and that it’s still making you happy. My wife and I love our orphan Thor DRV so far and I’ll be sure to keep it dry on the inside from here on out. My vanity slide roof actually looks okay. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it though.