View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
LindaH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo
If you will be in populated areas most of the time a Verizon or ATT phone card my be the easier way for you to go. Just depends on how remotely you want to camp.

I bought 40 acres in TN and have very poor Verizon signal and same when out in the desert of AZ and NV in the winter months so a card is not a option for me.
We had HughesNet for several years, but finally got rid of it when we started having a lot of problems with getting a signal. So we switched to a Sprint air card, and then a Verizon air card (for where we travel, Verizon has better coverage than Sprint).

Sure, there are still some places where we are remote enough that we can't get Internet access, but with our Wilson antenna and Wilson amplifier, we get access in places that I'm surprized there's any cell tower near!

Anyone looking for an installer for HughesNet, though, should go to the Datastorm Users Forum, to which the previous poster gave the URL. There are lots of installers who post over there, so take your pick.

You will not be able to get HughesNet tripod-mounted system directly from HughesNet because they don't support moving their dish (other than for the very expensive automatic roof-mounted Datastorm).
2007 Dodge Ram 3500
https://earl-linda.blogspot.com
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote