View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
Fulltimer not by choice

Wink Any advice and or tips for Canadian "Full timing"

As stated in my handle, my family and I are now full timers not by choice. We are also new RV owners. I am looking forward to the challenge.

Our house was destroyed by a wild fire in the beginning of May. Everything we own, including our house was completely reduced to ash.

Due to the logistics of insurance and insurance payouts, we are given a limited amount of money to live on during the rebuilding process. Unfortunately, because of the magnitude of destruction in a remote area, we are faced with undefined rebuild time line. Renting and real estate costs are extremely high in the area and having to still pay our mortgage while not having a house to live in could present a significant financial risk if any probable delays based on supply and demand schedules in construction occur. In short, renting is not really an option at this time nor is commuting as the closest town is 5 hours south.

With that said, I am looking forward to this challenge but recognize our inexperience and gaps in knowledge. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
The area is in a remote far North location in Alberta Canada.

We have bought a 2012 DRV Mobile Suites 43', 5 slides with bunkbeds in the rear.

On a positive side note, the loss of our home due to a wild fire that completely levelled numerous neighbourhoods and made international news, I am pretty sure that my ant problem has been rectified! http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums...ons/icon12.gif

Thanks for any advice on RV winter living.
Fulltimer not by choice is offline   Reply With Quote