View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
Motor31

I think Rotax has it correctly. As long as those of us who use the units enough to run into these problems and broadcast them to warn others we will simply be labeled as complainers behind our backs by the brand faithful cheerleaders. That process means they can imply that we are incorrect in our issues because of the "label". The company figures they got one sale out of us and that is all they are counting on.

In a manner of speaking if drv really wanted repeat sales from customers they would acknowledge and address the issues without repeating them in later iterations of the brand. They would then try a true marketing move to get repeat customers by making above market offers for current owners for trade ins of the problematic units over new replacements. I'm not talking about buying out the problem but taking responsibility for their own shoddy work and do what they can to make the customer happy. Do everything they can to make sure the previously unhappy customer was in a unit that performed to expectations and remove the problem from contention. Is that somewhat costly, perhaps, but how costly are the lost sales from those we see and talk to on a daily basis? I don't have to just make claims or complaints about issues, I have proof and can and do show examples of the issues to those who ask me about the brand. In the long run I think that drv would gain from doing that because word of mouth is far better than shiny brochures when looking at spending as much for a trailer as you would spend for a lot and stick house in a good part of the US.

I suppose drv could then look at the offending unit, fix the darn thing properly, do some refurb and then sell it on the used market. I'm not going to hold my breath on that kind of move though. I know from past experience that drv views the expiration of the warranty with relief so that they can wash their hands of the unit and customer. Pity too.

I'd bet there are some folks still in fema units that would love to replace their little box with a low cost drv unit that would stay in a fixed location.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote