View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #17
Bigriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by billr
Had the same thing happen to us a few years ago. Called Lippert and the Fedex a new fitting to us at the campground. If you don't run the Hyd and loose all the fluid out of the line (maybe cap it off) Then after installing the new fitting or valve, you can bleed it by cracking the line open a bit at the jacks while raising or lowering them to get most of the air out. They are near to the farthest from the pump. Just jog the switch to get it done. The rest should bleed out during regular use. Make sure the resivoir has enough fluid in it.

Bill
I spoke to Greg Weldon at DRV, and a manifold is being 2nd day air shipped to me from Lippert. I explained to Greg that I'd prefer to install this myself, to avoid traveling to a service center, to only have someone unfamiliar install this. He agreed, as there really isn't much to it.

After installing the manifold, Greg advised to open and close these in sequence.
1. Door Slide
2. Kitchen Slide
3. Rear Jacks
4. Bedroom Slide

Do this 3 times. This action will self purge any air back to the reservoir.

Hopefully this will be the end of this. I was thinking about even ordering another one of these manifolds just to have one on hand. I'd hate to be in a no-mans-land, and have another fail on me.

Also...Greg told me that the front jacks are independent from the rest of the system. Never the less, I didn't take any chances, I hitched up the truck just to ensure that the fronts didn't compress from the system being open.