View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
Motor31

Glad to help out. I've had my share of hydraulic problems with the rig so I get kind of familiar with them. (4 pumps, one line replaced, one ram and lots of leaks) They really are a fairly simple thing once you get away from the pump assembly.

BTW you might also want to know for anyone who had a 2200 PSI pump as original equipment (05 and maybe 06 units), there are lines used that have a 2200 psi working pressure limit used in the rigs. The new pumps with the anti dive valve modification (check valve) are 2800 psi working pressure. Keep that in mind for the main jack lines as they are the ones under the most pressure.

Replacing them is not that hard and if you go to a hydraulic line shop, fairly inexpensive to fabricate. You will need to have some way to hold the rig up (tow vehicle) if you do replace a line. Get a couple caps to put over the pump and ram fittings to stop the fluid from leaking while you are getting the new lines made. That is a job they do while you are waiting at the counter. Bring to old line in and they will make a new one while you wait. About 10 minutes if they are not slammed.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote