View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
RodeWorthy

More details on Leveling System for Suites

I spoke with Dale Fenton today and got information about the leveling system. He is understandably very keen on this improvement.

The system amounts to two additional cylinders that are placed just ahead of the front axle. Nothing is replaced from the original configuration -when you are set up you will have 6 cylinders on the ground. You should be very stable.

Each of the leveling cylinders has an independent control. As mentioned above the system can be used to jack the wheels off the ground to change tires and other running gear service. The system can correct as much as 9" out of level side-to-side. I forgot to ask if there is an independent hydraulic power source for the system but re-reading these posts it is confirmed that there is.

I hope I am not stealing anyone's thunder but Doubletree is about to offer this product as an option across their entire line. That news should break within 24 hours. I am told installing this system will create no problems with DT or Lippert. It is designed to avoid twisting of the frame. Considering that DT will offer the system the endorsements should be forthcoming.

Retrofit is available for $2500 and the price should hold for next 6 months. At this time it is not available to be shipped out to dealers or independents for installation. That may come later. The price quoted is for Doubletree products only -if you have another trailer brand you will have to negotiate the suitability of the retrofit and the price. Call 800-998-4238 for further information and to set an appointment for installation in their shop.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote