View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
rdunk

Quote: "How does it interface with the Lippert system since the slides are part of the hydraulic system?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I could be wrong, but I believe Lippert was involved in establishing several pieces of the design and installation criteria, so, I would assume it interfaces just as Lippert said to do it. If that is the case, then that should make it about as "right" as it can be. The system is also designed with it's own hydraulic system, for installation on 5er's not having hydraulics installed

As was said previously, Dale Fenton attended the rally, and has this leveling system installed on his Mobile Suites. He did demo the operation of the system during the rally, and it does seem to be a really simple and effective way to level side-to-side. With this system, the side-to-side leveling is done prior to unhitching from the Tow Vehicle. Once the side-to-side is level, then the rest of the "arrival set-up" is per your standard procedure.

Another neat feature of this system is..............in case of a flat tire (or whatever need), you can use this system to raise the wheels off the ground. This capability can really come in handy for us at times.

Caveat - please note that my comments are based upon my remembrance of what was said during the rally demo, so, if you want to know specific (and accurate) details on this, then as John (above) said, call the expert, and that is Dale.

I do believe that Dale, with this leveling system, has come up with another really significant product that can make our " RV'ing lives on the road" more enjoyable. We all know that a lot of the RV parks have spaces that are somewhat "less than level". And, in our three years of fulltiming, I have not found side-to-side leveling to be particularly enjoyable, but rather seems to take some of the "fun" out of setting up (lol).

I don't have Dale's leveling system installed (yet), but if I did, then I wouldn't need to carry around all of the stuff I have for manual leveling - two expensive inflatable air leveling bags, a case of orange colored leveling blocks, and some pieces of wood. Would give me a little more space for DW's "stuff" (lol)

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote