Thread: Violent Bucking
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #9
bstark

Whoops; I posted while Dave was responding to your post and I should attempt to address the points he's raised.

There was a period of early developement of the hydraulic brake units with on-board pumps, there were problems with inertial based controllers. That has, since about mid- 05, not been an issue, at least as far as the Dexter hydraulic braking systems are concerned.

I had a Prodigy controller with our other trailer (02) and contacted Dexter prior to taking delivery of our 05 M/S trailer to enquire as to compatiblity and received assurances from their engineering group that they had addressed that problem and that their current hydraulic pumps were completely compatible with inertia based controllers. In any event a visit with their, or your particular sytems, website should yield a controller compatibility table for verification. I would think it highly unlikely that an 07 Teton would have a braking system that was not compatible with one of the more popular premier controllers out there.

Good luck.