View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
Motor31

Keep in mind it takes a very very small leak to do this with the ram. The ram may also leak internally with nothing showing on the outside since the fluid goes to the other direction side of the seals. You may come back to your rig to find the nose of the trailer fully depressed on the ground and unable to lift itself with the hydraulics. I know because that is exactly what I went through in Washington. Be very careful storing or placing anything under the nose of the trailer until you get this fixed.

Fortunately I was able to get it raised up by using a combination of boards and a hydraulic jack. I carry a 6 ton jack for the toter. Once I got the trailer moving upwards the hydraulics would lift it a ways then stall. I continued doing the same procedure until I could get the truck under it and use the air bags in the truck to lift it. I then used boards on the bed of the truck to act as a stand for it until the ram was replaced. There was no visible leak and I lost no fluid since it never left the system.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote