View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #65
RodeWorthy

Level display timeout and leveler setup procuedure

I have the same issue with the display timing out too soon. I put that down on a wish list I sent to Dale. Have not heard back yet. I am hopeful it is a simple thing to change.

I tracked down JT after his email failed for me too. Apparently he prefers to deal with phone calls -not emails. I did receive assurance from his associate that despite what it says on the LV-1 website the sending unit does not have to be right over the axles. Ours is not so I was curious.

Be very careful using the leveler cylinders. I have adopted a rule never to adjust them when the trailer cylinders are on the ground. At my storage site I discovered my dining slide would not pull in all the way and further discovered the opening was distorted toward the rear at the top. Thankfully, after hooking up the TV and retracting all cylinders the distortion was corrected and I was able to bring the slide all the way in.

For me, the levelers are the first to be deployed and the last to be raised. This is not official but something I have adopted to prevent a reoccurance.

Also, extending the high side leveler first and putting a slight load on it before leveling the trailer with the low side cylinder seems to have corrected the problem of the side to side level changing after removing the truck. I have only tried this at my storage site. I will be keeping an eye on this when we hit the road again. Thanks for the tip Ponch.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote