View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
nelsonraymond

Send a message via AIM to nelsonraymond
main AC

Hi
We are still without our main AC/Heatpump resolved. On Thursday we got up at 5:00 so that we could be at an appoint ment in Alburqurque between 10 and 11:00 am at Camping World/ American RV. They did not get to our rig until lat afternoon. They siad it was a bad compressor, which is what we thought. We left and went to out campground on the North side. We found out the next day around noon that Dometic wants more information which requires us to take our rig back!. We already have they say 1 hour labor at $109.00 to diagnose, which we had at them with the General Manager. They have no mobile unit to send out and will not except liability for anyone elses readings. I spent over 2 hours wainting on hold between two diff. attempt on the warranty line to talk to Dometic to a person who said they had to follow procedure and could sympathize but if the tech needed the readings than there was nothing she could do. this unit that went out was just replaced a year ago. and we got screwed $180 on it now we are getting screwed on this one. Dometic only pays for so much time these guys have used up the time trouble shooting because Dometic for one has such a long check list and they also have to wait on the same waiting line for warranty when they call in on the tech service. I also no Camping World Has a check sheet that Dometic gave them that they use and the info that they are requesting suposedly is not on it that they are now requesting. the whole thing is a big joke and when it is all done in said I am going to find out who to send copies of the invoices to at Dometic and let them know what a scam they got going with there junk they are producing. I have to vent someway. It is a shame that they don't have any competion, that is what helps keep the quality in check.
So Monday Morning we have to pull out and drive thru rush hour to the west side and have them do the readings and sit around and wait....
oh by the way the service people there were pretty incompetent, they put on the paper work posssible warranty which we have a 3 yr, warranty and we had them make photo copies of all our warranty paper work so they had it, and they kept referring to us with the refrigerator problem when we would check back with them for an update. We knew there was going to be problems right away from that.
Sorry just had to vent.
Janice
nelsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote