View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #9
jdwilson3

heat pump

Point taken about the Heat Pump units. I was not implying anything negative about anything you did, but about the extra charge to replace an in-kind unit. Lots of mobile RV service folks will charge more than the "allowed" warranty rate/time, making extra income. If you take your Ford/Chevy/Dodge to the dealer to replace the starter, the dealer doesn't tell you he has to charge an extra $XXX , because Ford only allows X hours to do the work. It is done from the book. Why do RV Service guys do it? RV Techs know you will be gone tomorrow, and you need AC today, and they have us over a barrel.
Not sure about Dometic Duo-Therm "cheaper" units, unless Dometic has done something in the production (besides making them in Mexico). I thought that maybe mine went bad because I failed to have the AC units renew their Green Cards I will tell you, in no uncertain terms, I DO NOT TRUST MY DOMETIC AIR CONDITIONERS ! I am on my 3rd unit on the front (plus I had to have the 2nd one repaired) and now have the 2nd one in the back!

Anyway, American RV in Albuquerque. There is also an American RV Park in Albuquerque, and the park is right across the street from Camping World (a Dometic Service Center!) Not sure if both "American" RV and RV Park are the same folks (and maybe co-located).

Anyway, good luck in getting it replaced/repaired. If you are heading Southwest, stop by and say HI, we are staying at Butterfield RV Resort in Benson.