Thread: Pocket door
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
bstark

Many, many of us have had that problem.

On our old 05, if memory serves, there was an aluminum roof truss cross member directly over the pocket door track.

You may be able to access the bottom of the door through your cargo area as that cavity is open to below to act as a cold air return for the furnace. I was able to lift my door up by going into that area while being careful to not squash the plastic ductwork

I removed the trim piece at the top of doorway, bedroom side, to facilitate adjustment after re-attaching with longer screws and more of them to boot.

I put a bunch more in than there were holes in the track for by simply drilling more holes to spread the load of that, rather heavy, door jouncing and that worked until we sold the rig.

There is a wooden spacer block jammed up into the track you must remove to get at one of the screws at the rear of the track.

The key is to make sure the door is adjusted correctly for height so that the safety latch at the bottom stays engaged in it's hole while that door is bouncing up and down.

If you can lift the door so that the pin clears that hole it will inevitably jump out going down the road ~ Murphy's law.