View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
imouttahere

Re: New MS Purchase, not a clue....

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions either hear or on the SOITC forum. Great bunch of people on both forums that are very Knowledgeable on DRV products.[/quote]

RickandJanice
Great information, thanks. A couple of questions: I plan on putting at least 4 batteries in for solar (maybe 6 - a max of 268 or 402 lbs). There's an area just inside the basement door on the curb side that would hold 4 bats nicely (maybe 6 stacked - have to check the floor structure) - it's a next to the front right landing gear mechanism. I'm trying to figure the weight balance of everything in the unit. That side will have the black & gray tanks, a washer & dryer, the heater and the dinette slide. The gen is in the middle under the pin box so that balances out left & right with more of the weight toward the Tow Vehicle than the trailer axels. The other side has the bed, two 40 lb propane tanks, refrig, stove, pantry (full of food), the 40" tv, the oven (I'm not counting all the cabinets - they're pretty equal for both sides) and two slides. See attached file for floor plan, if needed. Is the fresh tank centered or more to one side (if so, which side)? The current bat box on the street side, front corner, would only be good for 2 batts, hence the reason to relocate. I would also make sure the batt rack was supported by frame supports, not just the 3/8" plywood floor. They will be AGM's so not concerned about ventilation, maint. etc.

Think that front corner would work?

gd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38rl3_floorplan_974.jpg (48.0 KB, 106 views)
imouttahere is offline   Reply With Quote