View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
RodeWorthy

Help is on the way

Update report.
This Good Friday is a major holiday where I come from so I was surprised to receive a call from Lippert this morning. I had emailed detailed information to them earlier and provided my assessment of the problem. They have agreed and are making arrangements to get me a new pump as soon as possible.

My existing pump apparently is an older style that they abandoned about the time my trailer was built (figures). They will provide the current Parker pump and tank which has an increased capacity. The existing manifold will bolt onto this pump without modification.

After further thought about this problem I am convinced the impeller shaft is broken in my pump. When the electric motor was removed the stub of the shaft that fits into the electric motor turned much too freely. The impeller is immersed in oil and should provide at least slight resistance to rotation.

This is a mute point now since a new pump will be delivered. I have to say I am once again very impressed with the response of another vendor for the components on our trailer. Lippert is looking after this in an appropriate way and they have been very helpful and friendly. I have done my part to try and assess the problem and contibute towards a solution. I remained calm despite the situation we were in. I think this is very important. Most people will try to help you if they know their efforts are appreciated.

We are having a beautiful day here in a wonderful State Park. We have RV friends in the area and will visit them today. Life is good. Problems just test us now and again. Like all the others, and there have been many on this trip, this one will pass too.

Thanks to all for your concern and suggestions. It is so wonderful to have this forum for information and support.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote