PDA

View Full Version : MS 38RL3 Side-To-Side Wobble

mloftin
02-27-2008, 11:58 AM
We have had this unit for a month now and I am having some problems with it having a side-to-side wobble after set-up, It has the hyd. rear jacks and I think I have it as level as you can get I think but when you are in the rear of the unit you can feel the wobble pretty bad. I now have quite a bit of preasure on the rear jacks and that has helped some but I thought the MS with the hyd. rear would be a lot more stable than other units. My previous unit just had electric rear jacks and seamed more stable than this..

Any Ideas or Help

Suitedreams
02-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Have you tried to put some compression chocks between the tires? We had the same problem until we put the chocks on ours. Bought ours at Camping World. Hope this helps.

Motor31
02-28-2008, 09:06 AM
The rear jacks don't go down as far as the mains. Are you sure that you are not just at max extension and not really solid on the ground? You might try putting a platform under the jack and reseting the jacks first.

anijet
02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
I think Motor is on to it. I have to use 4X6 blocks otherwise the rears extend to max and sometimes don't even touch the ground. I plan on lowering the rams on the frame but haven't taken the time yet.

sigo'suite
02-29-2008, 06:50 AM
When set up properly, the coach should have hardly any negligible movement; thus I tend to agree with Mike that the rear stabilizers may be fully extended but not extended to the point they should be for proper stabilizing.
The tires should still be carrying some of the load and thus the tire chocks are also necessary I have found from my experience.

ponch
02-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Mine has absolutely no movement but then I have the JT stabilizers on and that eliminates all of it.

mloftin
02-29-2008, 08:39 AM
I do have about 2 inches of blocks under the rear but I will try and add some more hieght to the rear this week-end along with the wheel chocks and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

mloftin
02-29-2008, 08:40 AM
I do have about 2 inches of blocks under the rear but I will try and add some more hieght to the rear this week-end along with the wheel chocks and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

Motor31
02-29-2008, 08:51 AM
FWIW, when I set my rig up I set the main jacks so that the rig is a fraction of a bubble nose up. Not very much of it just a bit, less than a quarter bubble. Then I set the rears up with tension enough to center the bubble. It's a "feel" kind of thing as you don't want to max out the jack pressure but you want to set more than just a touch of weight on the back jacks. I also have the tires at max pressure since my rig is at near GVW anyhow. our rig also has the trailair suspension system and the bags are set at travel at 80 psi.

I have a small fore and aft bubble indicator in the switch compartment for reference and set to the interior floor by the front door. When we first started out in this rig I put a small torpedo level inside the rig on the floor and set the rig to level according to that. Then I "calibrated" / mounted the small level in the switch compartment based on that level. I'll check it occasionally to make sure the small one has not shifted.

bstark
02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Mike: You have described our set-up for levelling exactly to the letter, including the additional bubble levels in switch compartment. I also have one of those Camping World large ball levels mounted to the pin-box for side-to-side levelling and mounted another small bubble level to the door of the switch compartment so that I can check the side-to side for any change while levelling for and aft by simply putting that small door at right angle to the trailer. I've noticed that when the side-to-side is slightly off before levelling fore and aft, it sometimes has gotten worse while lifting with the jacks and that little level gives me a quick heads-up.

billr
02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Mike and Bruce, same setup for us. Works fine.

However, a certain amount of side to side wobble is good!!! :wink: :wink:

Bill

Motor31
03-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Too much wobble interferes with the trapeze operation. :?