PDA

View Full Version : Basement TV

mloftin
02-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Has anyone mounted a flat panel tv in the basement I am thinking about putting one there and would like to see how other's did it? If you have any pic's would like to see...My first thoughts were to mount it to the basement door just not sure if it will hold..

ponch
02-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Mike

I went to Circuit city and purchased a fold up, twisting, mount that is made for flat panels. Then I mounted it to the frame inside the basement .
Then when I travel I fold it up.

Don't have pidcs but if you are going to Aman I'll be there

Ponch

mloftin
02-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Ponch

I went online to Circuit City and saw the bracket I think this may be what I do. what size tv do you have mounted on yours, I'm looking at a 20" but will weigh less than the 40lbs max the bracket says it will hold.

sr
02-20-2008, 08:40 AM
I added an outside TV to my door. I cut a hole and inserted another door. It handles a 15" LCD. I did have it sitting on the storage area, but the bugs seemed to get into the storage area pretty bad and I didn't like seeing all my junk showing.

weekenderdude
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Does anyone care to share pics of the basement TVs. I have an older unit and would also like to know how you ran the wiring.

ponch
03-04-2008, 04:18 AM
I put a splitter in behind the bedroom TV and then drilled a hole so I could get down to the floor, under the dresser where the bed slides , then drilled another hole down into the basement. I mounted the outlet to the ceiling.

Ponch

Jack in Alaska
03-18-2008, 02:49 AM
I have an old 13" color TV (1987 model) and hung it from the bedroom floor framing inside the storage area. My MS has AC outlets in the storage area for power. My signal splitter is screwed to the side of the compartment where the phone/TV/water/sewer attachments are. Then ran a 12' RG line over to the TV. Works great. The only negative is that the TV is pretty loud in the bathroom............oh well.

I like the double door installation above. Classy job.