PDA

View Full Version : Doubletree Safety Recall 08V-040

RGordon
02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Just received a safety recall today from Doubletree on 07 models with Actibrake actuators made by Active Technology on actuators manufactured between July 19, 2006 through March 12, 2007 on models with disc brakes. Mine has already failed and was replaced with a Carlisle actuator last month.
Recall says it is used in select models of Elite, Mobile and Select Suites.

mrkgrysngr
02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
What is the brake accuator anyway? I also have a 36' MS with the Kodiak disk Brakes. Ours have worked fine so far. what happens when they go out and did you have any warning?

Mark Gray

RGordon
02-08-2008, 04:54 PM
It is the electric hydraulic pump that applies pressure to your disc brake calipers. It is a grey plastic component behind the sliding doors in storage bay. My old one just melted down the plastic and brake fluid ran out everywhere with total brake failure.

mcfarlak
02-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Just received my recall today. Thanks to this forum, I was not as upset as I could have been. Given that my dealer is 450 miles away I will request that Doubletree move my Coach back to Howe for repairs. At this point it is still under warranty. Will they??? I just do not know, but to me it is now a safety factor.

Motor31
02-10-2008, 08:23 AM
The factory won't be moving your rig to to the factory site. They will simply tell you to get it to the nearest service facility authorized to work on that component. It doesn't have to be a MS dealer. The factory has been very good about paying for non MS service locations repairing the rigs under warranty. Just find a place that works on it and clear it through the factory rep before work starts.