PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the meltdown

mwturner
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
While others in the rest of the country are getting ready for the start of their season, we hear in Texas are checking the A/C units real carefully. I can't find one person who can really say "Boy, come August we'll be outside enjoying that roaring campfire and just waiting for that 98 degree weather and the 100% humidity tomorrow. We need a new saying for something. We have Winter Texans or some call them "Snow Bird" that come down here to escape from the cold up North. What should we call those Texans that can't stand the weather here during the summer and go up north to escape the God awful heat?

butkus21
05-18-2005, 06:56 AM
What should we call those Texans that can't stand the weather here during the summer and go up north to escape the God awful heat?

SMART!! :D

mwturner
05-18-2005, 02:09 PM
What should we call those Texans that can't stand the weather here during the summer and go up north to escape the God awful heat?

SMART!! :D
Yep , your exactly right. I saw a bunch of dog sized mesquitos leaning against the park entrance sign the other day. I overheard one of them say, "Hey, ya'll hang on a few more day's and them Texans will be out here by the thousand. I'm thinking about putting up a sign this year out in front of this here park. Something like
"The Texan Buffet"
All Shapes and Sizes
Starts at dusk, drinks are on the house!!!!

MDTdriver
08-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Maybe go futher South-No much futher South!

We stay much futher North Wi.

Larry & Kathy

tongue705
09-30-2005, 09:20 PM

Ahh woops, now i get it.

CampingCaptain
02-06-2006, 09:44 PM

We're taking your advice. We are leaving for the RGV this Friday. We should arrive sometime Monday if all goes well.