PDA

View Full Version : Stackable Dryer

mcfarlak
01-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Does anyone have any idea how to remove accumulated lint from behind the wire screen in the stackable dryer in the 2007 38RL3 . I have tried a shop vac to no avail.

maltruck8
01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Ken, I sure hope you get an answer to this one. Melissa and I have been trying to figure out how for a while.

Jim

suitediver
01-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I stick one of those dryer brushes(looks like a bottle brush with a point) in the holes , loosen the lint then suck it out with the vaccuum. Works for me.

Bobbie

Hobo
01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I stick one of those dryer brushes(looks like a bottle brush with a point) in the holes , loosen the lint then suck it out with the vacuum. Works for me.

Bobbie

I also use the bottle brush technique, but also use compressed air with a 90 degrees wand.

Motor31
01-22-2008, 09:13 AM
We use a shop vac and a long shanked screw driver to get to the stuck lint accumulations. Once loosened the shop vac takes care of it.Tedious but it gets the job done.

RonS
01-22-2008, 11:55 AM
We had the sears repairman here to look at our washing machine, parts still on backorder, been about a month now. But thats another story. Anyway we asked him how to clean out lint from dryer he said use a shop vac on the blower side. I looked out the window when he blew it out, looked like it was snowing out of the outside vent. Also had some lint flying around inside the MS but he already had out the shop vac so that was also taken care of. Dryes much better and faster now.

mcfarlak
01-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks to all who replied to our problem. We used the air compressor and blew out the vent from the inside. It is clear now, and it did look like it was snowing lint outside. Heating good now and clear.

Thanks to all who replied
Ken