PDA

View Full Version : Couple of small problems

wingnut60
12-20-2007, 05:45 PM
On my unit, under the kitchen slide, the plastic gadget that is used to support the propane/electric lines when the slide moves, has broken at the frame pivot point. Any neat fixes out there?

Also, couple of 'bumps' have come up in the linoleum just in front of the sink island. I assume these are screws backing out? What to do?

Any suggestions appreciated.

rverdlm
12-21-2007, 07:47 AM
I had a linoleum guy come to the trailer and fix my screw bump. He cut the linoleum, screwed the screw in tight and then glued the linoleum together and then sealed the cut. If you look for it carefully you can find the cut, but it is a good solution. If you try to replace the linoleum the slide must come out and just think of all the problems that can cause. the cost of the repair was less than $100 including the transportation because we were 30 miles away. MS paid for the repair. I called them first to get approval.

ponch
12-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Call lippert they will send you a new one.
Ponch

RonS
12-21-2007, 01:43 PM
One of mine also broke at the pivit point, I installed a 4 inch door hinge. One side on plastic other on frame. Was an easy fix.

Motor31
12-22-2007, 10:07 AM
The door hinge is a good idea as it reduces the flex on the plastic when the slide moves.

2 DA WDS
12-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Call lippert they will send you a new one.
Ponch
Since I was 'out of warranty' Lippert wanted $50 for one. I just unscrewed the broken part and screwed the end in its place. But the hinge sounds like a very good idea. BTW that holder broke on both of my 05 RE3s.

wingnut60
12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the replies. Guess I will check with some flooring people to see if they want to do it--if I try, am sure I will end up with a noticeable mark where I worked on it. Had already thought about the hinge, will try that.

What type of hinge is best? Stainless? Brass? or just anything? I don't have a lot of the plastic left on the end away from the frame--it has been rubbing against the tire before I noticed it had broken. Gotta fix this before I ruin a line.

larry_electricguy
12-30-2007, 01:05 PM
I had the front one on our CK3 break while at the Branson rally. Wheels out of Arkansas sold me one for 12.00 dollars and delivered it with the trailers they had on display.

Larry

Motor31
12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Wingnut,

Go with a stainless steel hinge and lube it. That area gets splash from the road. Brass would corrode and be very "sticky" in operation.

Red Ram
12-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Seems to be another weak point. I just noticed yesterday that the rear one on my SB3 is broken right where it bolts to the frame. I am going to install the hinges on both the front and rear on the frame, as I know it's a matter of time before the front one breaks.

vmc4820
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
It might be helpful if someone could post a picture for those who have not had the problem. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!!

Vicki