PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Heat Pump And Furnace.

Jim1941
11-25-2007, 12:46 PM
:cry: Now that we need heat here in Texas my Heat Pump stopped putting out heat only cold air and the furnace runs alittle bit then pops a few times then runs some more.Good thing for the fireplace and the extra heater I bought.Will try to find someone to come and fix it as mama don't like it cold.Happy Holidays to all,Jim&Jeanne

igotjam
11-25-2007, 01:42 PM
We're in the cold too. (San Antonio) Heat pump quit all together (A/C won't go either) no air cold or warm. Furnace pops like yours but puts out heat.. Last night 40 furnace ran 99% of the night using a whole tank of propane.

BobW
11-25-2007, 08:37 PM
:cry: Now that we need heat here in Texas my Heat Pump stopped putting out heat only cold air and the furnace runs alittle bit then pops a few times then runs some more.Good thing for the fireplace and the extra heater I bought.Will try to find someone to come and fix it as mama don't like it cold.Happy Holidays to all,Jim&Jeanne

Are you hooked up to shore power? If you have less than 12 volts in your batteries, the furnace won't fire up, only the fan will run.

Jim1941
11-26-2007, 06:23 AM
:( Yes we are hooked up.The AC works but in the Heat Pump mode only cool air comes out.The furnace runs but isn't working right as it will pop and get loud then work again.

rverdlm
11-26-2007, 08:57 AM
When you turn your heat pump on how long did you let it run? There is a builtin delay time between modes on the A/C so that as you cycle through the thermostat things don't constantly turn on/off etc. Ours takes several minutes to come on. I just set it with the fan on on auto and it starts in a few minutes. As to furnace issue, check to see how the stove burners work while the furnace is running. When I had a problem like this it was the gas supply. While the furnace was trying to run the burners would hardly light. The problem turned out to be that when putting the tanks into their compartment I had tipped them and gotten liquid propane into the valve area and that was blocking the gas from getting out. The solution was to slowly unscrew the green fitting with the vale open. Each time a little gas would escape and after a few times all was well.

ponch
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Since we are talking about the furnace, those of you that are in an area where the temps are lower than 32 ( so the heat pump wont kick on ) what is the time cycle for the furnace and how long is a bottle lasting?

Yes the heat pump does take a few minutes to come on. It is not instaneous.

Ponch

Jim1941
11-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I've waited up to 30 min.for it to blow warm air with the outside temp.around 50F.It has worked up till now.I called around today but no one does service calls so will have to think about what to do.Jim

ponch
11-26-2007, 12:32 PM
jim1941
Have you tried to reset the programer yet?

Ponch

Jim1941
11-26-2007, 12:51 PM
ponch yes i tried that also.Right now with the outside temp.55 it's been running about 15min.still blowing cold air.Jim

Motor31
11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Mine did something similar to that for a while. I found that cycling it from AC to heat stopped it as the flow valve was sticking. I'd start the AC then change it to heat pump. I've only had to do this a couple of times and it's been stable since.

Jim1941
11-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Motor 31 I LOVE YOU! Tried what you said and it now works.Heat at last!
I have told so many people that i have found out how to fix so many things by reading this great forum from putting a new bulb in the Convection Oven to stopping a squeek in the bathroom.Thanks to everyone for the help.Jim&Jeanne In Burnet,Tx.for now.

ponch
11-26-2007, 08:08 PM
OK

Now we're getting a little mushey!!!! :D :D

Congratulations!!

Yes you are right when you come on here we try to help
and low and behold sometimes an answer comes up and that helps us ALL.

HEAT AT LAST HEAT AT LAST rotflmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ponch

Motor31
11-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Jim,

You are very welcome..........but stay on the OTHER side of the room OK. :shock:

Glad it worked. It seemd kinda silly when the tech told me to try it but it worked on my unit and it has not glitched out like that again. I had another issue with the AC last week but I'll put it and what I found on a seperate thread.