PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom Mirror & Traveling

cucampn
11-20-2007, 07:14 PM
We have a 2007 38RL3. When traveling do you leave the bedroom mirror slid over the window or do you slide the mirror to the side?

Thanks.

RGordon
11-20-2007, 07:29 PM
I slide mine to the side. I never use the mirror and had rather use the window.

cptxguys
11-21-2007, 05:51 AM
We slide ours to the side. We also put a small piece of foam (about 2x3 cube) down in the track along the dresser top. That way, should the latch fail, the mirror can not slide freely.

We've had it slide free and break the retaining hardware when it's in the closed (over the window) position.

We remove the foam when we arrive at our destination.

hitchup
11-21-2007, 08:13 AM
I close ours over the window. It doesn't seem to move. I even have trouble opening it some mornings. We have a clock radio & Sirius boom box sitting on the dresser. Of course, I use the waffle foam under those 2 items.

Motor31
11-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Ours is retracted for travel and we also use some foam to help hold it stationary. There is a bit of sway at the bottom edge and the foam helps hold it still. We use the foam or other item to hold the bottom edge when it's over the window as well so it doesn't make noise from normal trailer movement when we walk around the rig.

berghild
04-17-2008, 10:50 AM
what retaining hardware? our didn't have any. i fookishly left it closed and it slid open and has been stuck there ever since. cyndy

jack_diane_freedom
04-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Our mirror wacked back and forth the first few times out so we close it over the window and place a small 12x12 pillow in the track between the mirror and the cabinet. Seems to hold it in place.