PDA

View Full Version : Whats behind the pantry?

OB
11-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Have a 36tk3 and am wanting to change out the pantry to something more usable. Any one know whats behind or in the dead area in the back of the pantry. Is it a chase for wiring or something? Thanks in advance. OB

2 DA WDS
11-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I had presumed that the toilet room was behind the pantry and that the cabinet in the toilet room was above the pantry and behind the clock??

OOPS, I got confused. We converted our coat closet to a pantry and I forgot about the pantry in other models. :oops:

jdwilson3
11-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Behind ours is the shower stall.

2blackdogs
11-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Behind the pantry in our 36tk3 is the sliding door for the bedroom and then the shower stall.
Bob

Stripit
11-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Have a 36tk3 and am wanting to change out the pantry to something more usable. Any one know whats behind or in the dead area in the back of the pantry. Is it a chase for wiring or something? Thanks in advance. OB

Are you talking the pantry where the food is stored? On our Tk3 that is where the door slides back. Not very much room between the door and the wall next to the pantry.

OB
11-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Nope.. If you pull out the drawers in the pantry and compare their depth to the distance from the outside wall to the front of the drawers, you will see there is a dead space back behind the drawers.

hitchup
11-21-2007, 08:26 AM
There definitely must have been some design changes since 2004. Does it back up to an interior or exterior wall? We had an Open Road that had slding pantry shelves that pulled out next to the refriderator. Lots of wasted space on either side & in the rear.

The redesigned 4 door pantrys are 12 " deep & back up to the bathroom wall, that's why the sliding door is behind it. It has adjustable 11" deep shelves, not drawers.

Our unit came with 4 shelves. We had the factory make up 2 more. Which is now standard since 2007.

We also had the factory make us some doors to replace the fireplace. They were a perfect match to the originals.

cptxguys
11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
In 'the early years' 2003-2006, the pantries had slide out drawers from the pantry cabinet. The front of the cabinet faced the stairs and the back of the cabinet was the same wall as the off door slide.

Since then, the newer pantry cabinets have the back of the cabinet against the sliding bedroom door wall and the front of the cabinet facing the kitchen. There are no longer sliding drawers, but shelves on the interior. There are 4 doors (2 upper/2 lower) on the face of the cabinet.

bstark
11-21-2007, 11:36 PM
cptxguys has described ours to a "t" and I will add that behind the pantry is also the cold air return "cavity" from the grill above the pantry to furnace. The shower plumbing access plate is also on the back of the pantry wall. Adjacent to the shower plumbing (tie wrapped to it) is also the vacuum break for the black tank flush system. You will have to take access to all of this stuff into consideration when modifying the pantry cabinet.

I have thought that cavity would make an excellant place to run some heavy duty wiring down from the roof to the service bay for solar panel to invertor installations.