PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic pads

ponch
11-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Has anyone taken off the rear hydraulic jack pads.
If so what is the secret? :?
The front ones come off easy, pull the bolt and they drop off, but not the rear ones.
I have the 2006 square tube hyd's.

Ponch

Partimer
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Ponch, I had the left rear pad fall off my rig while driving home last summer. DT sent me a replacement pad and bolt. The pad is bolted on from beneath the pad. I had removed the bolt and nut at the bottom of the square leg as you had and I found I couldn't remove anything else.

ponch
12-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Parttimer

Thanks
What I found out was when I tried to turn the bolt it was spinning. Got a pair of needle nose to hold the other end an that did it.

Ponch

Partimer
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Ponch,
You might want to check into that further. I believe that what you held onto with the needle nose pliers should be firmly attached to the hydraulic cylinder ram, and I don't think that is supposed to turn. My MS is a 2006 and I know mine was tight when I installed the bolt, unless I have a different setup from yours. You may have to call Lippert and question that one. I now periodically go around and check all 4 pads to make sure the bolts are tight and all I use is a wrench

ponch
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
I'll do just that .
Thanks
Ponch

rdunk
12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
I am only replying to a post to see if this forum is still working. It has been 3 days since a new post was entered, and that is very unusual, on this site, for it to be that long between postings.

Just checking - this is a test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ponch
12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Robert

It's the time of year.

Everyone is out spending their hard earned retirement on the grandkids instead of typing on the computer. :D :D

Ponch

sigo'suite
12-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Glad you did Robert, I too was beginning to wonder what was going on.