PDA

View Full Version : Sale on 17.5 Goodyears

Stripit
11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Have decided we are going to upgrade to 17.5 wheels and tires. Have been pricing the replacement tires and the prices are ranging from $209 each for China built to $279 for Goodyear's. Stopped today at Pep Boys and they have a sale where you pay for four tires, whatever brand they carry, and Pep Boys will refund the price of 1 tire by check. They have to order the Goodyear 17.5's but it puts the tire price almost down to the China tire prices. I'm ordering mine next week. Just thought I'd pass this sale on to the others that are thinking of upgrading.

Stripit
11-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Update:
Went into order my tires yesterday and was told by the person behind the desk that PepBoys can't get the Goodyear H tires!! I will be returning today to talk to the manager that gave me the info in the first place and see what he has to say. Will let you know what I find out.

Stripit
11-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Update #2
Just spent a 1/2 hour with the manager at PepBoys and he called all the places they purchase tires from. They can not get the 17.5's and will not honor the sale. He said he was sorry for any trouble he caused, but he was sure since it was a size listed in his computer, that it was available. So, sorry for any problems I might have caused by posting this wrong information.

igotjam
11-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanx for the info and updates.

Hobo
11-16-2007, 09:34 PM
When I replaced my truck tires I got a deal like that from Michelin.
I purchased them at Discount Tire so you my want to check with them.

Stripit
11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I just gave up and ordered the Goodyear 17.5's from a local tire dealer here in Casa Grande yesterday. No big savings, no sales, just I hope good service.

Motor31
11-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Stripit,

You might try calling a Goodyear truck tire dealer. The 17.5's are considered commercial tires and may not be available to the light vehicle dealers. If you want I can try the dealer here in Tucson.