PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming

Badge
05-16-2005, 11:37 PM
We will be in wyoming at the end of June. Any suggestions for must see stops?

Happy Camping!

rverdlm
05-17-2005, 06:56 AM
When you say "we'll be in WY" what do you mean? WY is such a big state. Give me some idea of where you'll be and I'll be glad to give you some good ideas.

Badge
05-17-2005, 11:33 AM
We will be in Cody, Jackson, Yellowstone for sure. We are looking for other places we might want to visit. Have fifthwheel will travel.

Happy Camping!

rverdlm
05-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Plan to spend a few days in Cody. The museum takes 3 days to see properly. Take a long day trip to Red Lodge, MT and see the Bear Tooth Pass and on the way back to Cody use the Chief Joseph trail. If you go Cody, YS, Jackson you will go through Teton National Park. I don't know how you'll come into the state, but if you come in through the Black Hills, you must go to Devil's Tower. After Jackson I would go out through Dubois and the Wind River Valley. If you have the time there are some fabulous drives and hikes around Dubois plus great trout fishing in the Wind and it's tributaries. Stop at the National Bighorn Sheep Interpative Center and they will give you directions. Tell then Dave and Barb sent you. WY is one of my favorite states, there is just so much to see. A few more; Thermopolis hot springs and dinasaur dig, The Wind river canyon, Sinks Canyon near Lander, Hoback Canyon south of Jackson etc. I hope you have lots of time because there is a lot to see, take your time and have fun.

Badge
05-17-2005, 11:34 PM
rverdlm,
thanks for the information. It is noce to have first hand suggestions. We will take your advice.

Thanks.
Happy Camping!
Badge

thevfox
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Check out the Big Horns camping areas while you are there, they are great boondocking spots

snowidow
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
We boondock in the Big Horns almost every weekend. It's only 45 min to Cloud Peak from our house, so that makes it easy. We have a few favorite places to camp. Sometimes we will go for a drive during the week in the evening to look for some new out of the way place we can find. Have our spot all picked out for our 10 day trip this summer! It's so far off the beaten path, hopefully we won't see anyone else the whole time!

There are so many neat spots that are not in campgrounds, although the Big Horns have some FS campgrounds that are ok too.

We learned our lesson about going over Memorial Day though after it snowed on us so many years in a row, we will be staying out of the mountains and heading over to Medicine Lodge instead.

Click on my WWW button for pix of Big Horn Mtns and Medicine Lodge!