PDA

View Full Version : D & N Camper Sales

igotjam
10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I have dirty (black or grey I don't know) leaking out of the underbelly. Its not gushing just constant dripping. From the basesment I can see the insulation is totally wet but can't see where its coming from. I have had real bad experiences from every DT dealer I have been to but I am unsure how to proceed here. Camping world in Nashville said there is no way they would even look at this and I will be going to Memphis next week. DT lists D & N Camper Sales as a dealer.
Do you think I should try to make an appointment??? (or just drive it off a cliff and try an insurance claim?)

bstark
10-20-2007, 06:59 PM
D--N, I hate reading stuff like this. The course of action ANY dealer should be willing to take is to drop the underbelly material which is simply screwed to the underside of the frame, get rid of the soaked (contaminated) insulation and view from the underside where the stuff is coming from to affect a repair. Good grief, it's not rocket science!

RGordon
10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I purchased my MS from D&N Camper Sales in Memphis and they are good people to work with. Contact Brandon in Service and see what he says. If you have problems contact Brant Ellis in Sales and tell him that Ronnie Gordon sent you and he will get you in.

billr
10-21-2007, 09:15 AM
We were in the KOA at Nashville last year and had trouble with the fridge not cooling and the DT dealer next door (Bankston) wouldn't even listen to me about it, and only said to empty the fridge and it would cool just fine! Makes perfect sense!! :idea: :x Not shocked you got the response you did about the leak. It should be fairly straight forward to isolate it from underside or maybe inside the basement sliding doors, check the dump valves for leaks.

One thing to consider (seen it happen) is if you were to have your black tank flush water hooked up and filling the black tank with the valve closed, it may have overfilled and leaked out the top of the tank below the toilet.

Also check the toilet to make sure it hasn't come loose at the base, take off the cover and check the bolts. This can also happen, and leak slowly into basement.

Hope it helps.

A dealer should look after you though, I'd contact DT and have them arrange it for you if you run into any trouble.

Cheers,
Bill

igotjam
10-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanx for responses. Will contact D & N to set up appointment. Have checked everything I can see in basement behind sliding doors..nothing found. Didn't flush with black tank valve closed. We'll let D & N look at it. Never had any sucess calling DT..they never return calls..have given up on that.

igotjam
10-22-2007, 10:28 AM
UPDATE & RECOMMENDATIONS
Talked to D & N this morning to make an appointment for next week. They indicated they are really busy and will only service rigs they have sold. Against my better judgement got DT involved. Bottom line D & N too busy so am looking for any dealer in Memphis area that might want to look for leaks...I will pay for service....not much success with yellow pages. Any suggestions??

Mary Banker
10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
This isn't the Memphis area, but when we had hydraulic problems while in Western TN, we contacted Wheels Motor & RV in Tontitown, Arkansas and hauled the trailer there for a repair. In our opinion, it was well worth the extra time and effort. They were wonderful to deal with, very helpful and a great staff. And, no, we didn't buy our unit from them and they never even asked. Another dealer we had a lot of good help from when we were in NC, is Carolina Coach in Clermont. Good Luck to you.

wingnut60
10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Agree with you on Wheels service--friends of ours bought a Sunnybrook from them and they took care of everything that the factory didn't, and SB was cooperative on the repairs.

billr
10-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I just googled Mobile RV repair and found this in Memphis http://www.pro-rvmobilerepair.com/index.html

I have never used a mobile service but know many have and had good success. The guy parked next to us last week in Ashville had one replace a bent axle and all the wheels and tires, and repair a genny on a Carriage fiver. All done right on the site.

Call DT first to get approval for cost coverage. They should cover it all since the great dealer support is NOT so great!!! :(

Cheers,
Bill

Motor31
10-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Do not limit yourself to a dealer for repairs, especially warranty repairs. Look in the local phone book for RV service centers, both ones that are mobile as well as those with a fixed location and talk to them. Find one that can handle the problem and has a chance to get you in, then call DT and get it authorized. I have had good luck in doing that. I am very very soured on dealer based service on my rig for anything.