PDA

View Full Version : Alcoa Rims

JPHarris
10-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Can someone tell me how the center cap fits on the 17.5" Alcoa rims.
Do they fit from the inside out or just fit on the outside over the hub of the axle?

bstark
10-04-2007, 08:14 PM
17.5" wheels, mine just push in from the outside and have a few little "dimples" to restrain them in place.

BobW
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
I lost two of my caps because the dimples didn't hold very good. I called DT and they replaced them telling me to spread the dimples more. So far so good.

JPHarris
10-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the replies. I just had my axles and wheels replaced with the 8000 lb axles and 17.5" tires, the shop that did the work called and said the center caps don't fit, that's why I was asking. I'm going this morning to pick the rig up so we will see. Again Thanks.

rverdlm
10-05-2007, 08:29 AM
My Alcoa wheels align on the center hole and use flange nuts. If you have this kind of wheel the center cap sits under the edge of the flanges of the nuts rather than through the center hole like it does when the wheels are stud centered.

JPHarris
10-05-2007, 11:45 AM
My Alcoa wheels align on the center hole and use flange nuts. If you have this kind of wheel the center cap sits under the edge of the flanges of the nuts rather than through the center hole like it does when the wheels are stud centered.

Thanks Dave, that's how mine fit also. I guess the mechanic that put my tires on wasn't very sharp. Now I just have to get the right caps, Tredit Tire sent an open end cap. Thanks for the info.