PDA

View Full Version : hot water heater smell

ponch
09-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Has anyone had a smelly hot water?

My neighbor just came down and said that the Hot water from his C class
was so bad that they came home a day early.

I sent him home with my flusher and told him to flush very well and then put in a little bleach and let stand for a while then go back and flush very very well.

Did I tell him right??

I flush every so often and when we were down in the RGV a Friend helped me make a flusher. I also do not leave water in the hot water heater if I'm not using it.

Ponch

Hobo
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Pounh

Just one more thing. He probably needs a new Anode Rod. If it is all eaten up he can just cut it off so he has a plug to put back in till he can get a new one.

ponch
09-30-2007, 07:28 PM
He just put a new one in three weeks ago Rick.
Thanks

Ponch

Motor31
10-01-2007, 07:33 AM
As long as he runs the bleach solution all through the hot water system that will likely take care of it.

osiebosie
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I have to jump in cause George is a plumber and this drives me nuts. There is no such thing as a hot water heater. You don't have to heat hot water. :D

Sharon

osiebosie
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I have to jump in cause George is a plumber and this drives me nuts. There is no such thing as a hot water heater. You don't have to heat hot water. :D

Sharon

ponch
10-02-2007, 05:06 PM
OKIE DDOKIE you are right HOWEVER LOL

the smell was originating from the "water heating container".

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I do better that time :D :D :D

Ponch

Hobo
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Sharon

I have a water heater and have to turn it into a hot water heater as the gas cycle does not heat it hot enough. Even on 30 amp service when I get ready to shower I turn on the electric with the gas in order to heat the hot water more. So I guess I have a combo water heater/hot water heater. :wink: