PDA

View Full Version : SHURflo Extreme Series water pump

5thwheeler
05-10-2005, 09:04 AM
We just replaced our factory installed water pump with a SHURflo Extreme Series Smart Sensor 5.7
http://www.shurflo.com/pages/RV/rv_categories/potable_water/extreme.html
It’s a variable speed pump meaning it increases its rpm's as demand increases where the original pump used a pressure sensor which is what causes the pulsating you typically hear with a pump of this design. We can now have all the faucets on without any decrease in water flow. It a lot quieter and the installation only took about 15 minutes.
Read about our complete install here
http://5thwheelforums.com/shurflo.html

This was a great addition to our 5thwheel and should be considered a must have item. The difference is night & day.

GailZ
05-23-2005, 11:31 AM
I was wondering if those worked good. Thanks for the info.

5thwheeler
05-23-2005, 11:44 AM
Well worth the money.

Tetoner
05-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I just ordered a new 5th wheel and I had the new 5.7gpm water pump installed at the factory. I heard they were GREAT! Thanks mfor the info.
Mike

TOiler1
09-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Well worth the money.

What kind of money are we talking about?[/img]

5thwheeler
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I've seen them for as low as $144 but a quick call to Camping World would provide recent prices.

DebDav
12-24-2006, 06:51 AM
First time dry camping.

Factory ordered 'Extreme Sensor' pump surges with very little flow. How do I determine if the existing pump is actually 'Extreme Sensor'?

I cannot find the pump behind the manifold and/or filter.

5thwheeler
12-24-2006, 09:25 AM
The pump should not surge but without looking at it there is really no way to tell. In both of our test units the Extreme Series pumps respond to additional water demand by slowly increasing RPM thus more output. This is a very smooth transition.
I would bet that if your pump is surging which is how a typical pressure pump reacts then you didn't get your ordered Extreme Series.