PDA

View Full Version : AC & warranty issues

layne
08-31-2007, 08:19 AM
We are still in the first year of our ES. The rear AC jujst went out--sounds like the same problem I've read on here before. My question is two-fold: first, do we have to go back to our dealer to fix the AC--we are 250 miles away from them and they are the closest Doubletree dealer. There are other dealerships much closer, so can we take our trailer to them to get the AC fixed: we are heading for the coast as soon as we get the AC fixed. The next question are about other warranty issues: the coffeepot needs to be replaced, some gray paint is flaking off, the backup camera is foggy--things like that. I'm pretty sure we need to go back to our dealer on these issues--right?

jdwilson3
08-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Any Dometic service place can take care of your AC.

Other issues (DT) go to any DT dealer. I suggest going to the dealer you bought from, but if you are traveling and away from home any DT dealer SHOULD help you, at least that was true in my case. I received service from 2 different DT dealers other than the one I purchased from.

RonS
08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Go to any RV dealer have them call Doubletree for authorization to make repairs. Kent from DT told me we could go where ever we wanted for warranty repairs and it did not need to be DT dealer. I will be doing this again in a couple weeks. My AC also acting up, cooling but sounds like something hitting and getting very loud.

hitchup
08-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Whenever we contacted Kent about equipment, he would give us SeaLand or Dometic's phone #'s.

When our furnace went out, I checked website & put in our zip for RVP. DH called local dealer & they sent out a Mobile Tech that was coming into the park later that month. We paid a discount for the onsite service. Rest of it was paid by warranty through Dometic, not DT.

maltruck8
08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Check your Dometic warranty paper work for the phone number for finding the nearest authorized service.

Motor31
09-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Dometic also has a web site that you can use to find the nearest repair center or technician. Before you go there, call them and make sure they do work on AC units. Dometic places the repair station on their list of everything even if all they do is repair awnings.