PDA

View Full Version : Rotochoks

billr
08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Anyone using Rotochoks with the Trailair CP suspension? Good or bad??

Cheers,
Bill

jdwilson3
08-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I use them, one set on each side...I think they work just fine.

My only issue....both sets are the same size, but don't fit between the tires the same! The only time they fit the same was when I had the hose on the curb side blown out after an impact with an aligator (tire tread) a few weeks ago. I had 80 psi on the road side and 0 psi on the curb side and the Rotochoks fit great! I used a straight edge to check for wheel alignment, and things look good, but I still think I may have a slight axle alignment issue. I am going to get the axles checked at an alignment shop when I can find someone to do the job. I will contact DT first to see if after checking, there is an alignment issue, will they pay for it. OR, it could be just a difference in the TrailAir CP system.

By the way, TrailAir was great getting me a new hose overnight by UPS.

RodeWorthy
08-10-2007, 01:31 PM
No direct experience but I have had one user tell me if you set them when you arrive with tires hot they will need to be adjusted again when the running gear cools down. Just bringing that up for discussion to see if others have found a remedy for that. Is it just a matter of setting them tighter to begin with?

Rodeworthy

jdwilson3
08-10-2007, 06:21 PM
That is a true statement for any type of chock that gets placed between the tires, unless you snug them up tight when you put them in place. Both types of between the tire type chocks I have used I was able to place in tight enough that they stayed tight!