PDA

View Full Version : We are going to Biloxi, MS

osiebosie
07-24-2007, 07:01 AM
We're headed south next week to Biloxi.

The last time we had reservations at our favorite campground down there, Katrina showed her furious face. We never made that trip.

So, we are now going back for the first time. I am actually sort of not looking forward to going, since I know that all of the antebellum homes that lined the street are all gone, and it will be depressing to see them missing. :cry: But I am looking forward to the brief time out and to meeting our friends down there for some R&R. The dogs are looking forward to chasing gulls at the ocean's edge.

Has anyone been lately? Is it still really that bad?

Sharon

Okie
07-24-2007, 10:38 AM
We went there last Dec. They are trying to get things back together but they have a long way to go. We are going again for New Years to meet friends and Party like we did before the strom. The trip along the beach road makes you want to cry but they need us folks to come and visit and spend a little down there. Let us all know how things are now.

Okie

osiebosie
07-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks, Okie.

We leave next Tuesday. I'll report back.

Sharon

maltruck8
07-27-2007, 09:17 AM
We will be in the Biloxi area for another couple of weeks. Be sure to be prepared to cry. A drive along hwy 90 on the beach will bring tears to your eyes. I lived in this area from 1973 until going full time a couple of years ago We come through here a couple of times a year for Dr. appointments. Because of Katrina we can't bring ourselves to spend much time here.