PDA

View Full Version : Automatic awning problem

2 DA WDS
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
When I use my remote to extend the awning it will extend a little and then stop 4 or 5 times and I have to let off the button and push it again then eventually it will extend the whole way. Anybody know how to correct this? Also the instructions say to push the extend button for 3 seconds and it will extend all the way, not so far.

Any ideas or adjustments?

ponch
07-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Tom
That is exactly how mine works also.

Ponch

PSD_Tweaker
07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
On my unit, with the wind sensor disabled, it will extend the awning as long as I AM pressing the button.
As soon as I let off, it stops roll-out.
It works just like that on closing as well...

My problem is that my disable switch has to remain off all the time now.
When I turn it on, so that I can use the wind sensor option, it just beeps .
Not an intermittant beep, a constant beep.

Anybody know how to fix that?

Rick

rdunk
07-16-2007, 11:12 PM
There is a fuse inside the black box in the basement that may be blown. Some where along the way, I think I heard that the thing "beeps" when the fuse needs to be replaced. It also beeps so one will know it is not working automatially.

Motor31
07-17-2007, 08:25 AM
The remote is a rather weak transmitter. Because the control box is burried against the front wall of the basement it can get masked especially if you have some of your "stuff" in the way of the signal. We have tried various locations but the remote is hard to use at times unless you are just outside next to the basement.

Our wind sensor function has been off for months now. It would roll up in no wind conditions when the temperature got to 90 degrees as well as soon as it started to rain, even a gentle shower. If we leave the unit we just roll it up so we don't have to worry about wind while we're gone.

RonS
07-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Our awning will roll up if a car drives by when the wind sensor is in the on position, and then beeps. So we leave it off all the time and just roll up when we leave or at night. Our remote button must be constantly depressed for the awning to move in either direction. Last trip to Indiana for warranty work was told we needed a new thing on top of roof along with new control in cargo bay. Could not wait for shippment to arrive, so maybe next fall will make another trip to Indiana when we head south for the winter???

sigo'suite
07-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I keep my wind sensor off and must hold the open or close button continuously for awning to function.

keithandpenne
07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
The buttons on the remote are very small for my fingers and sensitive to pressure contact. If I do not press in the correct spot, ours will operate intermittent as well. Not sure if it is all operator error or part design issue.

Our automatic control has worked correctly since we were at the factory for warranty work a year ago last May, when they adjusted our control box. Not sure what they did, but it worked.

sigo'suite
07-19-2007, 08:52 PM
The buttons on the remote are very small for my fingers and sensitive to pressure contact. If I do not press in the correct spot, ours will operate intermittent as well. Not sure if it is all operator error or part design.

Agreed, same here.

Texas 250
07-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I have been talking to kent about the auto awning remote for a while, The owners manual says one thing (can press button for three seconds an let off) an the anwing remote does another thing(have to hold button down to work). Kent said all M/S you have to hold the button all the way to open or close, The service tec at the awning company said hold button for three seconds, I wish I knew.

2001PS/250/4wd/SWB
2007 36RS3 loaded

Texas 250
07-22-2007, 09:22 PM
I have been talking to kent about the auto awning remote for a while, The owners manual says one thing (can press button for three seconds an let off) an the anwing remote does another thing(have to hold button down to work). Kent said all M/S you have to hold the button all the way to open or close, The service tec at the awning company said hold button for three seconds, I wish I knew.

2001PS/250/4wd/SWB
2007 36RS3 loaded