PDA

View Full Version : Propane leak detector

loryray
07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Our detector seems to sound at night. Never during the day. Checked all propane connections, no leaks. It is a CCI model 7770. battery power is ok. Has anyone else had a problem?

Stripit
07-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Ours started to go off with no cause found. I pulled it out and inspected it, could not find anything that looked bad?? I ended up cutting the wire and ordering a new one. When it arrived I reinstalled it just like the old one, and it has never gone off. So I suspect something inside when hay wire.

Motor31
07-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi there,

I had an identical situation on mine just last month. It was a CCI unit. They have a 2 year warranty but you have to call the factory to deal with them. They were not terribly interested and the person on the phone tried to brush me off. I insisted and got a return authorization number so I could send it back to them at my expense. They sent me a new one a couple days after they got it as it was overly sensitive.

If you hav e a CCI unit there should be a phone number (800-521-5228) and a date of manufacture on the back of the unit. If your RV is over 2 years old you'll have to ask if they will prorate a replacement or if nothing else just order a new one. They are dirt simple to replace. In my case 2 screws and 2 wires.

NORTY
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Mine started sounding intermittently. I replaced it after 4 years. No more problems. I got my replacement at CW. It was identical to the one removed. Any Propane detector that will fit the hole and works on 12V should serve as a replacement. They retail for $40 to 70 bucks.