PDA

View Full Version : Dometic

BobW
06-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Just got off the phone to Dometic. For the last year and a half, we've had nothing but problems with our toilet. The ball seal has been replaced 3 times, water valve replaced twice, hose leaks, the valve cover falls off all the time. Yesterday I replaced the valve again only to find out the toilet won't hold water. So, a call to customer service. After describing the sit, the agreed to sent me a new closet at no cost. They don't want to sink anymore money into it. What do you know?

ponch
06-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Congratulations Bob

Now that's a comany you like to do business with.

Ponch

anijet
06-28-2007, 08:26 AM
It's too bad you had to go through all the hassle of a problem product. We are not very happy with our toilet. It is not defective, it's just that if you don't throw the TP right in the center where the water is, it clings to the side of the bowl and won't go down.

Our fridge quit cooling a couple of days ago. A real pain when you're full time! After a visit to the repair shop and a call to Dometic, we are waiting for a complete new unit. Since it failed so early in it's life, they want it back to see what happened. Problem is, it will take over a week for it to arrive, but the service from Dometic seems very good. I hope it turns out as good as it seems it will.

funke1
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Our "fancy electric toilet " will not hold water, Didn't want it when we ordered the Elite. On ours it is not the seal--so Dometic sent us a replacement--arrived yesterday UPS in pieces--phoned Dometic and was told they are waiting on some part and will not have another available till July 13th. We also have trouble with the rinse hose leaking--hope the replacement has this problem resolved.
Dometic has been trying, but guess I'm not a patient man, ha!
Oh Well, still love our Elite Suite.

BobW
07-01-2007, 09:25 AM
We also have trouble with the rinse hose leaking--hope the replacement has this problem resolved.

A new and better rinse hose can be bought at Home Depot. Cut off the metal connector and hose clamp it to the tolet. problem is you need to unbolt the tolet to get at the clamp.