PDA

View Full Version : WHats for supper

dleighw72
06-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Just wondering what you all cook out there on the road? Anyone care to share any of their good recipies? My family and I fulltime and would love to try different dishes. Please share your favorites. Thanks

bettyj
06-06-2007, 11:04 AM
If you like cooking in the outdoors, please come to one of our Dutch Oven Gatherings. Learn to cook in old fashion outdoor Dutch Ovens.
Check out our website http://www.alabamadog.com

bettyj

JudyGail
06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't really have recipes to share, just what we cook and where.

I cook as much as I can on our Weber Q grill. I regularly cook a whole chicken, medium sized pork picnic roast, most fresh veggies, potatoes, etc. on the grill.

For the veggies, I put fresh asparagus, or green beans, or brocolli, or whatever I can cook stovetop in house, in a double wrap of aluminum foil, season it, (for asparagus I use soy sauce and butter), put a pat of butter on it, a tblsp or two of water, then seal it so a little of the steam can escape, but not much. I set it at the back of the grill. Cooking time varies with thickness of veggie. On a low heat (for whole chicken or pork roast) I usually cook 10 to 15 minutes for asparagus and green beans.

I use a grilling basket to cook fish such as halibut, tilapia, sole, etc.

Another good use I've found for a grilling basket is if you're cooking hotdogs over the fire and like your buns toasted...... just enclose them in the grilling basket and toast over the fire.

Judy Gail