PDA

View Full Version : Glide/Ryde Pin Box

Haggis
05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Any opinions out there in regards to the Glide/Ryde Pin Box?

rjohnsonnm
05-31-2007, 09:40 PM
I've had one for about a year (8000 miles) and I think it's a big improvement over the solid pin box that came with the 2004 MS. I've never used the other brands so I can't comment on those. Concrete roads still drive me crazy, but from what I've gathered on other forums, that's common no matter what pin box or hitch you get. The $795 was worth it.
Ron

anijet
05-31-2007, 10:34 PM
I had one on a 30' Sunnybrook and it was great. Really took out most of the bucking from the freeway joints.

I now have a Trailair pin box which I think softens the bumps from the truck rear tires to the trailer but does nothing for the bucking.

I've been thinking of combining the two concepts, but not sure how it would work out.

sigo'suite
06-01-2007, 06:53 AM
I now have a Trailair pin box which I think softens the bumps from the truck rear tires to the trailer but does nothing for the bucking.
I've been thinking of combining the two concepts, but not sure how it would work out.

I have the TrailAir pin box also and just recently swapped out my hitch for the Curt Q5 and it has helped the chucking issue a bunch. What it has done is to cushion the bucking to a very comfortable level. I could not believe the difference. I think it is the tight coupling you get with this hitch plus the neoprene cusions fore and aft.

It will fit your old standard rails and goes together with four bolts torqued to 100#.

Best part, I sold my old hitch for more than I paid for the Curt!! 8)

Here is a link which will give you a close up look at the hitch:

http://www.etrailer.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=E&Product_Code=16125&Category_Code=5WH