PDA

View Full Version : Open Discussion on a Canadian Mini-Rally

Diesel-Gypsy
05-27-2007, 08:08 AM
About a week ago in an unrelated thread this subject came up.
I am just opening a dedicated thread to forward opinions & discussion on this possibility.
Here is the original mention: http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1864

So:
1- Who might be interested in making this happen?
2- When would the Mini-Rally possibly take place?
3- Any other interesting CG's we could use?

I think there is still enough time to get this shin-dig on the calender this summer......
What do others think?

Rick

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/53/753/6/84/17/2139684170097642812ZCwPtK_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558934086GaUIyk)

Mikey
05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Rick
Great Idea!
Maureen and I will be picking up our '07 MS 36TK3 on June 18.
The truck - '08 F450 dually arrived on Friday. That's the great.
Here comes the but...
House on market as of Thursday.
Have committed to be in Alberta as soon as we get moving (late July or August). Maureen has a few contracts to iron out.
We would be more than happy to assist in any way we can (on-line) this year.
Certainly would BE THERE in '08.
Mike

Diesel-Gypsy
05-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Well Mike, you & I both missed Branson,....and seeing as how we are here in Canada.....It only seems fitting that we get this thing on the front burner.
This is the spot I think would work out well, and we won't need much advance notice to get plenty of sites.
http://www.rideauacres.com/e-home.html

Come-on fellaz.... :D

Rick

billr
05-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey Rick,

We are in if we can manage the date! What dates do you have in mind??

Have often thought of going there. Once a date is set I'll post it on the SOITC forum too. There may be some folks lurking there that may like to join in. Also it goes on the schedule for more to see.

Cheers,
Bill

Diesel-Gypsy
05-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Bill, Mike...ahh...there is no date yet.
I think I would like to leave it loose for a few days at least to get more info on what dates would suite the most attendees.

As Mike posted, we might not see him if it goes much past July.

I'm thinking if we get ten to twelve couples in on this it would be a success.

What do you think?

Rick

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/53/753/6/84/17/2139684170097642812ZCwPtK_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2139684170097642812ZCwPtK)

billr
05-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll throw a date out there for a start, how about June 29 - Jul 2 weekend??

10-12 units would be a great turnout, I know there are quite a few around just need to get the word out.

Cheers,
Bill

bstark
05-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Rick:

Count us in as well. I'm going through "Suite withdrawal", after all, it's been a week since we returned from Branson. D/W is starting to make noises about getting her annual truck-load of mulch for me to spread. Get me out of here!

Diesel-Gypsy
05-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Well, we're definately gonna have a mini-rally then!
So far it seems we have four committed:
Mike, Bill, Bruce, and myself.

Now, so far , we are looking at the July 1st. week-end.
That could be lots-of-fun.

It seems there have been quite a few folks reading this thread, but not many replies.....
So.....come-on!
Lets try and get this thing going.

OB & Sue are you out there?

Rick

luv2cruise
05-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Hope ya'll have a great time. It seems that we are always on the wrong side of the U.S., in this case Canada. We will be in B.C. and Alberta in July otherwise would consider attending.

Even though we are not "official members" we do enjoy meeting other MS owners.

Again, have a great time and not to worry, sometimes small groups are better - you get to know everyone!

billr
05-29-2007, 11:58 AM
After some thought, the Jul long weekend (Jun 29-Jul2) may pose traffic and reservation problems and now I realize our schedule was already booked for that weekend. Maybe another date that doesn't fall on a holiday weekend may work out better?

Suggest Jul 27-30 weekend??

This get together is open to all! No club membership is required. Just a casual campout to meet and have fun!

Cheers,
Bill

Diesel-Gypsy
05-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Bill, no problem for me.
That's kinda why I wanted to leave the date open for a while.
As far as reservations go, at Rideau Acres it won't be a problem, they have the room for a Rally as big as Branson MS rally was!!

We just need to get a core group to decide on a feasable date, then others who can make it will.

I'm OK with just about any date.

So, It's back up for discussion......the date that is.

Rick

Mikey
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Rick

Sorry for the confusion, but as I wrote before Maureen and I don't think we can make it this year, certainly not in June or July. Re previous post "We would be more than happy to assist in any way we can (on-line) this year.
Certainly would BE THERE in '08."

There's just not enough time to sell the house, outfit the trailer, head east, and then west. If we can assist you in any way "on-line", we certainly will.

Mike

bstark
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Rick:

Sandra and I, being retired, are flexible so we are still up for a get-togethor whenever. I need a break from the "sticks & bricks" routine.

Diesel-Gypsy
05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Ahhh Mike, don't sweat it.....
I know what it's like to have a full plate, and it definately sounds like you do!

Now, can we please hear from some other interested MS owners on this one?
I know we're talking Canada here but Ehhhhh.....we're gonna have a good time , beleive me.
So, come-on your guys south of the 49th, even 500 miles from the border is only a days drive.

OK...I'm done beating the bushes :lol:

Rick

rotaxman
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Rick

Joyce and I would love to come but we have to be in Idaho Falls Id during that time frame. Like Mike maybe next year. I am also somwhat like Bruce and Sandra in the being retired part but just can't make it at that particular time.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

Diesel-Gypsy
05-31-2007, 09:01 AM
:lol: ..I know why none of you "south-of-the-border guys aren't interested in coming to our Canadian Rally.....well, the rumour just isn't true!
:lol: ..contrary to what you'all may think, there is no more snow up here!!
It's all gone...so, theres no need to worry.

I mean, it's really lovely up here in June & July.
So now that I've cleared that up.....I expect to see names here.. :lol:

Don't forget, all you fellaz that have been wondering about towing with a "Big Dog" can actually see one up close & personal.
I'll even spill the beens on how easy it is to convert a class 8 truck into an RV hauler.
So, lets get this rally on a rail!

Rick

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/53/753/6/84/17/2139684170097642812ZCwPtK_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2139684170097642812ZCwPtK)

Haggis
05-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Hello Rick

We are planing a trip to the Gaspe Penisula the last week of June.

The 23rd-24th weekend of June would be good for us for the C/R

The Rideau Acres Campground is an excellent place to go. The last time we were there they served a great steak dinner and pancake breakfast.

Lots of room at their newer sites.

Cheers............Geoff

billr
06-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Ok folks, what do you say we set the date and location??

Our vote is for the Jul 27-30th weekend at Rideau Acres.

Cheers,
Bill

Diesel-Gypsy
06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Bill, I'm OK with that, hopefully we can get at least 5 rigs.
I would have to modify our plans to make that weekend work....I'll do it if we can get at least 3 more rigs.
How do you feel about that?

Rick

bstark
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Rick:

July 27-30 would actually be better for us as well. June stuff has piled up on me!

billr
06-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Our schedule in June and July is pretty full with work and etc, so that is the only time we can make it, unless we start looking at mid to end Aug.

We are willing to go with as many that want to come. It's all good!

I put a post on the SOITC site last week, but no responces (the website has been haveing some issues posting though).

Cheers,
Bill

Diesel-Gypsy
06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Well.that's 3 of us then........there doesn't seem to be an abundance of enthusiasm from our fellow MS'ers... :(

"We" need to offer enticements....like ...ahhh...Canadian Beer & Cuban cigars... :lol:

It's a shameless ploy, but Hey....how else can "we" get'em up here?

Seriously, any ideas?

Rick

billr
06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
We could offer a better rate of exchange on the $$?? :lol: :lol:

Where are all the rest of the MS owners in Ontario and Quebec?? Must not be on the forum. :(

Cheers,
Bill

billr
06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
It looks like we have 4 or 5 rigs looking to come! The Wolf's answered on the SOITC forum and then there is the Starkey's, Rick, (possibly "Haggis") and us.

So should we firm this up for Rideau Acres for Jul 27-30 weekend?

Cheers,
Bill

Diesel-Gypsy
06-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Bill I agree we should firm it up.
I sent them an E-mail on Saturday, and no reply yet.
So I guess their busy.

Do yo want me to go ahead and set-it up?

All in Favour say : I :lol:

Rick

billr
06-19-2007, 05:25 PM
"I" :lol: :lol:

JudyGail
06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
:lol: ..I know why none of you "south-of-the-border guys aren't interested in coming to our Canadian Rally.....well, the rumour just isn't true!
:lol: ..contrary to what you'all may think, there is no more snow up here!!
It's all gone...so, theres no need to worry.

We have to have a passport to get back home, mine expires next month and DH doesn't have one yet. I'm in the process of doing all that.

Haggis
06-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Bill, Rick & Bruce:

The W/E of July 27-30 won't work for us as a farewell party has been arranged for our son who will be moving to Victoria BC.

Disappointed :cry: that we won't be there.

Rideau/Acres still serves a a great steak dinner on Sunday and a pancake breakfast Monday morning. Don't miss this.

Keep in touch and let us know how the first Canadian Suites Mini Rally turned out.

Hope we can get together at another time this year.

Geoff & Shirley :)

bstark
06-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Rick: AYE! :P

Geoff & Shirley, sorry to hear you can't make it, we enjoyed spending some time with you folks in Branson and fer-sur there should be another opportunity to kick back with a bubbly (or three 8).

suitediver
06-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Wish Bill and I could join y'all up there in Canada. We are stuck down here in HOT San Antonio, home of the World Champion, SPURS!!!

Bobbie

bstark
06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Well saddle up and mosey on up here. Canadian beer is just the thing to take the sting out of the San Antonio heat!

bstark
06-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Good news folks: Homeland Security is expected to announce today that the requirement of Passport for Returning-to-U.S.A. citizens of U.S. will be postponed another 6 months! So "come-on-up"!

Diesel-Gypsy
06-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Bruce, Bill, Mikey, and whoever else was interested in our Canadian MS MiniRally...we have an adjustment to make.

I just got off the phone with Rideau Acres, and as luck would have it the tentative week-end we were counting on is booked solid.
I couldn't beleive it, but she assured me that they could not fit another tent in there for the weekend of July 27, 28, 29.

So...we have two alternate week-ends to mull over.
July 6,7,8 or July 20, 21, 22.

I hope this glitch doesn't throw the whole idea out the window because I was really looking forward to this little get-together.

So, lets hear from all those who are interested...what's your best choice?

Rick

billr
06-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry, we won't be able to make it either of the suggested weekends. We are only available July 27 to 30th. Is there another campground that might be available?

Cheers,
Bill and Joan

Diesel-Gypsy
06-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Bill, I am fairly sure we could opt for a differen CG...I mean...why not!

There is a very nice KOA at Ivy Lea in Gananoque.
I've stayed there, and their facilities are top notch.
Young owners with a real good attitude to make your stay memorable.
I'll check with them.
http://www.koa.com/where/on/55203/

I just called, and left a message.

Rick

Diesel-Gypsy
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Bill, I am fairly sure we could opt for a differen CG...I mean...why not!

There is a very nice KOA at Ivy Lea in Gananoque.
I've stayed there, and their facilities are top notch.
Young owners with a real good attitude to make your stay memorable.
I'll check with them.
http://www.koa.com/where/on/55203/

I just called, and left a message.

Rick

billr
06-20-2007, 06:57 PM
The KOA sounds fine to us. That area is real nice for sure.

Will wait to hear what you find out on avail and we will book the reserve.

Cheers,
Bill

bstark
06-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Rick: You can count on us for Gananoque as well. At this point in the game, let's git-er-dun!

RodeWorthy
06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
It would appear it takes a lot of lead time to organize even a mini-rally. People make plans and campgrounds get booked up. And then there are those that just don't get their trailer in time to participate. Uh.. that would be me. Both of the sites discussed for the meet sound absolutely fantastic. We really have not spent enough time in Eastern Ontario. I would be very interested in the Kayak lessons at the first site and Ivy Lea is one of my all time favourite areas.

We hope you do get this rally in the books and have a great time. Count on us for the next one. I do hope this is the start of an annual event.

Have fun!

Rodeworthy

P.S.
MS 36RS3 #3910 has reached substantial completion stage. It will be ready for us mid-July. I have '08 Chevy 3500 HD on order but no confirmation of a delivery date. We hope it will be built the week of Jul 16.

bstark
06-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Don, not to rub salt in one of Bill's already open wounds, but, think how much fun you're going to have when these things like Mini Rally's and such come up for discussion. Retirement gives one the ability to sit at the breakfast table, coffee in hand and mull over whether or not you wish to partake, the discussions go something like this: "Honey, a group is getting together in a couple of weeks at ----------, what do you think? Have we done enough gardening to satisfy your craving? I've got about 75 gallons of diesel still in the tanks and you know that stuff will grow hair if it isn't used. Did I mention that the trailer is starting to sink into the lawn and we really should move it soon. I believe we should test our latest modifications to the trailer to see if any further adjustments are necessary before snowbird season. What do you think hon?"

Bill will get me for this one as he also has to consider that four letter word "----" schedule.

We've got our fingers crossed here for both your deliveries to be relatively flawless in timing and execution.

billr
06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Bruce, HAAR!!!..... :twisted: :twisted:

Don,

If you have that time free, maybe come stay at one of the camping cabins if they have avail?

Cheers,
Bill

Mikey
06-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Maybe I'm confused - No - I am confused.

"So...we have two alternate week-ends to mull over.
July 6,7,8 or July 20, 21, 22."

Which Weekend??

Maureen and I will be at a Lions Convention in Chicago July 1-8

Still working on getting the house sold, but if all the stars and planets align correctly, we might make the 20-23.

Mikey

Diesel-Gypsy
06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Mikey, in response to which week-end......
I am trying to find a good spot, and get it for a week-end that the group of 5 can work into their schedules.

So, yes it can be a little confusing..
So far it looks like 4 of us including you, can make it for the week-end of July 20, 21, 22.
But...Bill & Joan can't make that week-end work.

Now the best week-end that I think all 5 of us can make is the week-end of July 27, 28, 29....BUT...I can't find a real nice CG that can accomodate 5 large rigs for that week-end yet......I'm trying though.

Mikey, please tell me you could make it it for either July 20-22, or July 27-29.

So far we have: The Wolfe's, Bill & Joan, Bruce & his DW, Mikey, and myself...

Rick

bstark
06-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Rick: Heee! Little did you know what you were letting yourself in for! Trying to get a bunch together is best left to those Border Collies that chase sheep!

billr
06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
It's Rough Collies!!! :lol: :lol:

Diesel-Gypsy
06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
OK.....!
We have a date, July 27, 28, 29 and a campground: http://www.koa.com/where/on/55208/

The sites are 50' x 50' FHU with 30amp.
price is $39.60 with your KOA value card, and you have to call NOW !
1-800-562-9725

I mean, they cannot hold them (sites) unless they have confirmed reservations in the system...
So please, call & let them know your part of the Canadian MobileSuites Club

Great!...we have a mini-rally!

Please post here, or E-mail me if you need more info, or just want to let us know you've made your reservation.

Thanks,
Rick

bstark
06-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Rick: I just got off the phone with Mallorytown and am confirmed. Will see you there. Looking forward to it.

billr
06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
We have a reservation now as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Hopefully we'll have more than anticipated!!

Cheers,
Bill and Joan 8)

Diesel-Gypsy
06-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Yes, I am confirmed as well.
I spoke to Susan, and she is aware of the specific "demands" that our group has.
So she is going to make sure all our sites for the Canadian MobileSuites Club are easily large enough for our full-size rigs.. :lol:

There still is room there for several more, we know 5 of us will be there, including Mikey....but Susan says she has at least 3 more large sites.

Paint your wagon, and come on up to MalloryTown!

Rick

Mikey
06-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Spoke with Susan as well (800 # VERY busy)
We're confirmed - for 27,28, and 29
Looking forward to see all!
Mike and Maureen

Diesel-Gypsy
06-23-2007, 05:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Very 8)

Now we just have to get the Wolf's attention & we'll be 5 Lucky MS'ers camping in the beautiful Gananoque region.

Anyone else...?...Hmm, there's still room for 3 more units....

Rick

Mikey
07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
My MSO (most significant other) Maureen and I want to know what to bring / plan for next weekend. Are we going to have a potluck, or going on a tour, or ???

Really looking forward to meeting some 'Suite' friends.

Mike

Diesel-Gypsy
07-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Mikey, yes there will be a pot-luck on Saturday I guess (weather permitting..).
Did you get an E-mail from Bill & Joan ?
Are you in the loop! :lol:

If not, we need your personal e-mail ..
Stay in touch, we are also planning a boat tour, and a Visit to Bolht Castle in the 1000 islands.
Interested?
You'll need a passport I think.

Stay in touch...
Rick

Mikey
07-22-2007, 09:50 PM
We'll be there
Have sent email out with our "personal" address

Also have a website - just started - more to complete

www.HomeIsWhereWeParkIt.net

CAPITALS not necessary - just makes it easier to remember

Mikey

RodeWorthy
07-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Sure hope you folks had a good time this weekend. The weather has been nigh on perfect for your outing.

Sorry I coulnd't join you. Maybe next time.

Rodeworthy

bstark
07-30-2007, 11:52 AM
RodeWorthy:

Well, we missed you folks and the "Mini-Rally" has officially wrapped up as of the Mallorytown KOA check out time of 11 am today.

What a hoot! We met some great folks and let me be the first to congratulate Rick & Claire on their organizing (getting some of us motivated to attend) this weekend. Thanks to you and your efforts we had a grand time and will look forward to our next meeting.

We have the edge in posting first as we are staying another day (resting the liver and stomach) while the others are currently travelling home or to other destinations. We wish you safe transit.

Typical for rallies I assume is the copious amounts of beverage and food intake! Also typical was the depth and breadth of truck and trailer discussions that covered every aspect of maintenance and repair and ogling each others rigs.

A wonderful time. Now if someone nearby would help lift me into my truck I could get under way as well! :lol:

billr
07-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Just arrived home from the Mini Rally. What a nice time we had. Have to repeat Bruce's comments on the group and thanks to Rick and Claire for getting this thing rolling! Also was neat to see and crawl all over the HDT! Learned a ton from everyone there.

We may have been small, but we lived Large! :lol: :lol:

Next year will be even better!!

Cheers,
Bill and Joan

PSD_Tweaker
08-04-2007, 05:39 PM
:lol: :lol: Yup, it was great fun......
www.diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com
Go there for a peek.

We're still in the Adirondack mountains having a ball...
Thanks to Bil & Joan, Bruce & Sandra, Mike & Maureen for the kind words!

Rick

Mogolfers
08-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Congrats on your first rally. It must be wonderful, there are 4 full pages discussing it. Great job and hope to get to come to the next one.

Mikey
08-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Check out
www.homeiswhereweparkit.net
for photos of the First Canadian MS Rally!

RodeWorthy
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Great Pictures Gang!

I am so sorry we missed this one. So close...yet so far!
We will be there when you do it again.

The blogs are great too. Keep those pictures coming!

Rodeworthy