PDA

View Full Version : 3500 TIRES AND RIMS

berghild
05-25-2007, 11:30 PM
WE ARE GETTING READY TO ORDER NEW RIMS AND WILL BE ORDERING TIRES SOON TOO. nEW ms WILL HAVE 17'' TIRES H SHOULD WE CHANGE TRUCK TO 17 ALSO? ANOTHER THING OVERLOOKED.!!!!

Motor31
05-26-2007, 07:29 AM
There is no reason to switch the truck tires to 17.5" just because the trailer has them. The trailer tires are also not the best choice for a motor vehicle. You need to stay in the range of tires recommended by the manufacturer of your tow vehicle. If you need to up the load range do based on the weight of the truck and the load placed on it with the trailer. That means getting the truck weighed loaded and fueled as if heading out then weighing it again with the trailer hooked up to get the pin weight. As long as you are inside the load range of the tires and rims for the truck you should be fine. Make sure you check the air pressure of the cold tires each day before you start out to get the best life from them. Keep the pressure up to the range set for the load by the manufacturer of the tires as long as it is also in the range of pressure set by the wheel manufacturer. If the tires have a higher pressure rating than the wheels and you need that pressure for the load on the tires, get higher capacity wheels to match.

berghild
05-26-2007, 09:39 AM
now i feel silly it must have been too late for me to be up. I know not to change my tires on my truck and remember reading that the tires on the trailer would not change the whole line-up. please excuse the post and i will try to delete it. Have been towing for 30 years and know better!!!