PDA

View Full Version : Front Cap Cracks

Okie
05-08-2007, 05:04 PM
I have my unit at the dealers getting the final warrenty things done at the expiration of the factory warrenty. I talked to the dealer today and he said that they found cracks in the front cap that needed to be fixed, I didn't have that on my list of items because I didn't know they were there. Anyway they are adding that to my list of items. He said there were a few other MS that had the same problem.
The question: Any of you out there had that problem and did you get it fixed and just what was it??

Okie

BobW
05-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Where is the crack? I need to look at mine.

Okie
05-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't know yet. They called me on the phone to tell me but it seems to be common with the local MS's.

Okie

Motor31
05-10-2007, 08:29 AM
First I've heard of it. I haven't noticed anything on mine, yet.

Okie
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
I went to the dealer today to check out my unit and look at the cracks on the front cap. They are spider web type cracks on the very front of the cap. The one on mine was just bearly above my head on the left side of the pin. I am 6' 2" to give you an idea how high. It was on the part tha starts the curve in toward the bottom. I tried to take a picture but it is hard to see with the naked eye let alone the picture. The Tech was taking one of the MS costomers out to show him the one on his trailer and mistakenly took him to mine. Thats how they found mine. I never saw it.
I will enclose a pic. The actual size of it is about the size of a golfball.

Okie