PDA

View Full Version : RV Insurance

Mogolfers
04-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Okay, I'm confused. :cry: I've talked to so many RV replacement Insurance Companies and have gotten quotes from $432 to $800. I've talked to GMAC, Farm & City, Progressive, Explorer, Miller and then some. What I need to know is what kind of insurance do most of our DT owners carry, have you had any claims and are you satisfied with their service? HELP!!!!

sigo'suite
04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
So, is your $432 to $800 range a semi-annual premium cost?

Mogolfers
05-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Actually I found insurance from Farm and City through National Interstate for under $660 per year deminishing $500 deductible with full replacement cost for 5 model years then it stays at the original price for the rest of the time. The $800 was per year with Progressive and the $432 was semi annuual through GMAC. It gets pretty confusing. I just don't know a anything about National Interstate.

hitchup
05-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Did you request the quotes by email? If you have them in front of you it's easier to make a decision to make sure coverage is nearly identical.

A few years ago, we dealt with Nat'l Interstate when a Trolley Bus backed into my Tahoe in a parking lot. Dealing with the adjuster was simple. Also simple when I had to file a claim on our 2005 Silverado we just traded. Everything was handled by phone.

We started with GMAC in 2005, switched to NI in 2006 after getting lower quotes through AON. Now use NI for Suite & Progressive with F450. All changes were to save money. :wink: Wouldn't hesitate to change again when & if they decide to raise premiums too high. I prefer working with an agent that can quote multiple companies.

2 DA WDS
05-01-2007, 11:21 AM
We are learning a lot from our recent losses. We have insurance with a small company that mainly writes houses and cars.
The trailer was covered by the auto policy, the contents are covered by our homeowners policytherefor we have 2 deductibles to pay. We have the trailer on a lot that we own. We had 2 electric scooters stolen from a shed on our lot. Anything motorized at our lot is not covered. The recent fire damaged our shed, not covered, our gazebo, not covered, our chairs in the gazebo, not covered and our deck, not covered.
Now I'm looking for different insurance, so far Progressive is winning at $532 annual.

Hobo
05-01-2007, 01:03 PM
2 DA WDS

One word------- Sucks------

I have been though a house fire and know only too well what your going though at this time.

:cry:

billr
05-01-2007, 01:37 PM
In Canada, we have our coverage for the trailer with Aviva through Wayfarer Ins. They are one of the only RV specialty companies available here. The cost is rather high as compared to the USA, at $1300 per year (plus tax) for full new replacement coverage no matter how old the unit gets. That's with a $300 deductible. But, it is in line with the higher cost for all insurance here in Canada.

Coverage is avail through most homeowners policies, but like Tom mentioned they don't have the same service or coverages. they don't know the RV industry. Could save about $200-300 per year, but we wanted to stick with the RV only company.

I know this doesn't help you guys in the States at all, but just FWIW info.

Cheers,
Bill

Mogolfers
05-02-2007, 03:50 PM
We just bought a replacement policy through Farm and City. They support the SOITC and are a rally sponsor. Of course the price was right too!